Submit Your Carving Photographs for Possible Publication!
We would enjoy receiving your professional or quality photographs for possible publication in one of our upcoming catalogs. We will do our best to get your photo and your name in the next catalog. There are just a few things for you to keep in mind when taking your own pictures to send to Sugar Pine.
- Center the carving in the photograph, making sure that no body parts are cut off. We want to see all of the carving.
- Good lighting is everything. Are there shadows on parts of the mount that will make it hard for the camera to pick up on detail? Ensure that the whole mount is well lit. Do not photograph your mounts in your shop under fluorescent lights, take them outside on a nice overcast day for best lighting and color accuracy.
- Shoot your mount in front of an uncluttered background, like the side of your shop. Make sure the wall is not the same color as your mount, i.e. brown wall, brown duck.
- Shoot several different angles. Show us your carved animal's best side!
- Make sure the photograph is in focus, every sharp feather and detail on the carving adds to a great picture.
- Finally, there are two ways that you can submit your photographs:
Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your digital camera's highest quality file. In other words, if your email program asks you what quality of image to email, tell it, "largest" or "best". Be sure to include your name, company name, city and state, and a short description of the name of the animal and the Sugar Pine supplies and tools used.
Via U.S. Mail:
Sugarpine Woodcarving Supplies
ATTN: Advertising Department
315 West Sherman Lebanon, OR 97355
If you do send us your mount photographs through the mail, please send them in either of the following formats:
• on a CD with the raw unchanged digital image or,
• original photograph prints from film.*
*Please do not send us prints from your home printer, as they do not reproduce well when scanned and printed in the catalogs. If you send us original prints, we will gladly send them back to you after we have used them, just let us know you want them back!
If you have any questions about submitting a mount photograph, don't hesitate to give us a call! We will be happy to talk with you anytime. Just ask for the Advertising Department.
Mount photo: Hummingbird by Randal Martin